The perfect starter to keep your guests impressed, with minimal effort! As part of a MasterClass sponsored session, Lizzie demonstrated how easy this recipe is to follow on the Get Baking! Stage at the BBC Good Food Show Winter 2022. Check out the recipe below.
200g Shop bought filo pastry
60g unsalted butter, melted
200g tinned apricots
200g jam sugar
15 sprigs thyme
125g soft goat’s cheese
125g cream cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
Natural oil (garlic confit)
- Heat oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas. Layer the filo pastry and brush the melted butter in between. Cut into 6 equal squares and place in cupcake tray. Bake for 12 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile cut the apricots and put in a pan with the jam sugar, thyme and 1/4 of the chilli. Bring to 105C and take off the heat, stirring occasionally and allow to cool?
- In the bowl of a stand mixer and the paddle attachment, beat the goats cheese, cream cheese, garlic glove and some of the garlic oil and salt. Transfer the mix to the piping bag.
- Spoon the jam into the bottom of tart cases, then pipe the cheese mix in and top with the edible flowers
- Put the remaining ¾ of the chilli in the fridge to use at another time