Mitch demonstrated this delicious recipe at BBC Good Food Show Summer 2023.
Welcome to flavour town! This recipe is always a winner in my house and the meal ends with empty plates and full stomachs. There’s something about the chorizo and pasta combination that really hits the spot.
38 thin slices chorizo, chopped
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced (deseeded for a milder flavour)
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes x 125g balls mozzarella, broken into chunks
20g fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender, then drain.
- Put another pan over a medium heat and add the chorizo, onion and chilli. Cook for 3–4 mins, then add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes, break them up with the back of a spoon and let the sauce bubble away for another minute.
- Spoon the pasta into the tomato and chorizo sauce and mix well, then add the mozzarella chunks. Give everything a good stir – you’ll see the mozzarella begin to melt and create some amazing cheese pulls.
- Stir through the parsley and serve with extra parsley on top.