Looking for a show-stopping dessert that’s sure to impress this Easter? Look no further than this decadent chocolate and Baileys cheesecake! Rich, creamy, and oh-so-chocolatey, this dessert is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth.
See Marcus cooking live at the BBC Good Food Festival this 18-20 August! Plus, catch him at the BBC Good Food Show Winter, 23-26 November at the NEC Birmingham.
For the cheesecake
300g cream cheese
150g double cream
50g icing sugar
Splash of vanilla extract
50g dark chocolate
For the biscuit base
50g unsalted butter
120g Digestive biscuits or Oreo biscuits
2 tsp cocoa powder
For the decoration
- Put the cream cheese, icing sugar, double cream, vanilla extract and baileys together in a bowl. Whisk it all together until the mixture starts to firm.
- Melt the dark chocolate and fold this into the cream cheese mixture.
- Put the digestive biscuits (or oreo biscuits) into a tea towel and crush together until broken.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a pan, then remove from the heat and stir in the crushed digestive biscuits.
- Stir the cocoa powder through the buttery biscuit mixture and spoon into your presentation rings.
- Pat down the biscuit base in each ring, then spoon the cheesecake mixture evenly on to each. Level off the mixture with a palette knife, then pop in the fridge until set.
- Carefully remove the presentation rings and decorate each with mini eggs, popcorn and strawberries (or any toppings of your choice) and drizzle with melted chocolate.
This recipe can be adapted and tweaked, make it with white chocolate and crushed raspberries, citrus zest or anything else you can think of, get creative!
This recipe is adapted from Marcus Bean’s ‘Chocolate & Baileys Cheesecake with Mini Eggs.’