Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
By: Becky Excell
Becky demonstrated these delicious cookies on the Get Baking! Stage at the BBC Good Food Show Winter 2022!
You can catch Becky cooking live on the Summer Kitchen on Sunday 18th June at the BBC Good Food Show Summer 2023!
60g cocoa powder ensure dairy-free if necessary
60ml vegetable oil
200g caster sugar
2 large eggs
175g gluten-free plain flour (I use FREEE)
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
50g icing sugar
- Prepare a couple of baking trays by lining them with non stick baking paper.
- Sieve your cocoa into a large bowl, add in your oil and caster sugar and mix together till combined – it will be very thick (I tend to just do this with a spatula).
- Add in your eggs, one at a time and mix in-between each until combined. I do this with my electric hand whisk, but you could easily do it by hand.
- Add in your flour, xanthan gum and baking powder and mix until it all comes together to form a soft dough.
- Place into the fridge to chill for about an hour to firm up.
- Preheat your oven to 170C fan/190C.
- Once chilled, remove from the fridge and place your icing sugar into a small bowl.
- Take about 45g of the dough and roll it into a ball in your hand. Then roll each ball into the icing sugar and place onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes until they have the lovely cracked effect on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray before allowing them to finish cooling on a rack. Enjoy!