Jane demonstrated this delicious recipe at the BBC Good Food Show Winter 2023. See Jane cooking live at the BBC Good Food Show Summer 2024 on Friday 14 June. Tickets now on sale for the BBC Good Food Show Summer
Delicious, easy and absolutely chocolatey bronuts = triple chocolate brownie doughnuts! Combining my favourite brownie recipe into a fun new style and she that tastes amazing.
200g dark chocolate
200g unsalted butter, plus extra for the moulds
4 medium eggs
275g light brown soft sugar
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
200g milk chocolate chips
125g unsalted butter
250g icing sugar
green food colouring
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease 2-3 doughnut moulds with 1 cal oil spray and put the prepped moulds onto baking trays.
- Tip the dark chocolate and butter into a microwavable bowl and melt in the microwave until smooth, pausing every 20 to 30 seconds to give it a stir. Set aside and allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Put the eggs and sugar into a new bowl and whisk together for a few minutes – the mixture should double in volume, be lighter in colour and mousse-like in texture. Pour in the cooled chocolate mixture and carefully fold together. Add the flour and cocoa powder, then fold together again. Finally, fold through the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the brownie mixture to a large piping bag and pipe it into the prepared doughnut moulds until just below the line. Bake the bronuts in the oven for 16-18 mins. Once baked, leave to cool fully in the moulds.
5. To decorate, put the butter into a bowl and beat on its own for a few minutes to loosen. Add the icing sugar to the butter and beat to a smooth buttercream. Add enough green food colouring to make a festive green colour.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled bronuts to make wreaths. Add sprinkles or whatever you fancy to each bronut wreath.
Credit: Jane’s Patisserie