Sponsor of the Festive Kitchen: Eat Game
Good food. Good friends. Game on. Let’s get cooking with the sponsor of the Festive Kitchen, Eat Game. Returning to the Show, Eat Game have some delicious recipes to help us celebrate the start of summer. Check out this simple-to-follow grilled wild boar chops sharer, perfect for alfresco dining. Serve it with a herby dressing for an impressive summer feast.
- 2 wild boar chops
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 beetroot, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick chunks
- 1 courgette, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
Mix the cayenne and paprika and rub over the chops. Marinate for around 30 minutes. Put the vegetables and garlic into a roasting dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Heavily drizzle the oil over the vegetables and place in a hot oven (220°C) for 45 minutes, turning every 10 minutes until cooked with a nice colour. Drizzle oil onto the boar chops and place in a roasting dish.
Place in a very hot oven/pizza oven at around 220°C for around 10-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the roasted vegetables on a wooden board, put the boar chops on top and drizzle with herb dressing – voila!