By: Marcus Bean
Looking for a delicious snack to brighten up your day? Made with zesty lemon and a hint of sweetness, these scones are the perfect pick-me-up for any time of day.
450g self raising flour
125g unsalted butter
80g caster sugar
1 lemon, zested
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 200c
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, butter, lemon and salt. Once mixed, add the caster sugar and mix again
- Whisk together the milk and eggs and add to the bowl. Stir in the ingredients until you make a soft dough
- Lightly dust the surface with flour and pat the dough out until it’s 2.5 – 3cm thick. Using a cutter, stamp out individual scones. Roll together the excess dough and repeat the above to make more scones
- Line the baking tray with some baking paper, place the scones on and brush with egg glaze
- Add the scones to the oven for 15 minutes, leave to cool and enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Marcus Bean’s ‘Lemon Scones’ reel.