400g caster sugar
4 large eggs
125g melted butter
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of dark chocolate drops
4 heaped tablespoons of good quality mincemeat
Line your tray with non-stick baking paper.
Preheat the oven to 170c (160c fan oven), gas mark 5.
1. Whisk the sugar and eggs together either in a stand mixer or with an electric whisk and bowl. Whisk until pale and thick – this can take a few minutes. You really want to beat lots of air into them.
2. Now add the melted butter and whisk again.
3. Gently mix in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
4. Finally stir in the chocolate drops and mincemeat.
5. Pour the mixture into your lined tray and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
6. Once cooked, remove from the oven, cool and cut.
Optional – Spray them gold with some edible decorating spray and sprinkle over some edible gold glitter.