Get the wow factor with this quick and easy recipe, demonstrated by Michel on the Big Kitchen stage at the BBC Good Food Show Winter 2022. Find the recipe below!
You can catch Michel cooking live in the Big Kitchen on Friday 16th June at the BBC Good Food Show Summer 2023!
1 fillet fresh white fish, such as Cod, Hake or Pollock
(106g per person)
Sea salt to cure
½ orange, zest
½ shallot, finely chopped
Pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
½ orange, segments
½ orange, juice
40g crème fraiche (optional)
Chopped garden herbs – fennel, chives, parsley, or basil
- Generously sprinkle the fish with sea salt and orange zest and leave to cure for 10 mins. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Place the shallots, pepper, olive oil and white vermouth in an oven proof pan/dish. Let that simmer down.
- Whilst that is simmering, segment the orange and set aside into a bowl.
- Squeeze the rest of the juice from the orange into the pan and mix until the mixture comes to a boil. Gently place the cod in the pan and cover with a lid. Leave for 5-10 mins for it to cook.
- Remove the cod from the pan and place on a resting dish. Add the crème fraiche to the pan, whisk in the olive oil, chopped herbs and orange segments to finish the sauce.
- Pour the final sauce on top of the fish. Serve with samphire on the side.