Red Lentil Tarka Dhal
By: Marcus Bean
A delicious recipe, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Vegetarian and vegan friendly!
50g red lentils
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp roasted ground cashews
Good pinch of cumin seeds
1 small piece of ginger, grated or sliced
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1/2 red chilli, sliced
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- Add your red lentils, pinch of salt, turmeric and water to a saucepan. Put the pan on the heat and let it slowly cook
- While lentils are cooking down, add your cashews
- In a separate frying pan, heat some oil and add your cumin seeds to start toasting them. Be careful as these toast very quickly!
- Then add your ginger, garlic, chilli and tomato to the frying pan
- Once the lentils have reduced down but they still have a bit of moisture, add in your fried ingredients
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy!