Sticky Toffee Pudding
By: Marcus Bean
Treat yourself to this delicious and indulgent dessert that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Each bite is a heavenly combination of sweet and rich flavours, with the perfect balance of soft, tender cake and sticky, gooey toffee sauce.
Cooks in: Preparation Time: 15 minutes, Cooking Time: 15 minutes
60g unsalted butter
160g dark brown sugar
2 tbsp treacle or golden syrup
200g Self raising Flour
300ml boiling water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g dark brown sugar
500ml double cream
- First put your butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk until combined. Then add the treacle, eggs and flour.
- In a pan, add the dates to the water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes until soft. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the bicarbonate of soda, mix and then blitz with a hand blender, or mix with a hand whisk.
- Add the date mix into the other mix you’ve already done, and combine together.
- Grease the baking tins with butter and divide your mix between them, fill around ¾ full.
- Cook on a baking tray in an oven at 180c for around 15 minutes until just cooked.
- Dissolve your sugar with 3 tbsp water over a low hear. Bring to the boil but don’t stir. When the sugar turns to caramel, whisk in the butter. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Take the puddings out of the oven and then add your Butterscotch sauce