1 pumpkin, peeled & cut into 2cm cubes
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp crushed sea salt
100g feta cheese, crumbled
For the dukkah
50g walnut pieces
1 tbsp cumin seeds
40g pumpkin seeds
40g sesame seeds
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp sea salt
juice of ½ lemon
crusty bread with extra virgin olive oil, for dipping
1. Heat the oven to 220C/ fan 200C/gas 7. Place the pumpkin cubes in a bowl with the maple syrup, 1 tbsp of the olive oil, chilli flakes and salt and toss together to coat.
2. Tip the pumpkin into a large ovenproof pan. Cook over a high heat until golden brown, then transfer to the oven and cook for 25 mins. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the feta over the top, then return to the oven and cook for a further 5 mins. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little before serving.
3. For the dukkah. Toast the walnuts and hazelnuts in a dry frying pan over a low heat until golden brown. Add the cumin seeds and cook for 1-2 mins until toasted. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until lightly broken up. Tip into a bowl.
4. Add the pumpkin seeds to the pan and dry fry until brown and beginning to pop, then add the sesame seeds and toast for 30 seconds. Stir the pumpkin and sesame seeds into the walnuts, then add the pepper and salt.
5. Tip the pumpkin and feta into a large serving bowl. Add the rocket and toss together. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and squeeze over the lemon juice. Add half of the dukkah and fold through. Serve the salad in bowls with crusty bread, olive oil and the remaining dukkah on the side.